Almond Date Energy Balls
Why you should use dates more in your baking
Dates are rich in carbohydrates and have the ability to boost energy levels. They contain simple sugars which are converted to glucose for cells to use as energy.
They also have a slow energy release as they have a low glycemic index (GI), which means they will be digested slowly by our bodies, keeping our energy levels even throughout the day. This is particularly good for athletes to ensure they have got enough energy throughout their activity.
- 400 g Medjool Dates
- 4 tablespoons Raw Cacao Powder
- 200 g Almonds
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Put the almonds in a food processor and turn it on until they are crushed.
- Add the Medjool Dates and Coconut oil and pulse again until mixed.
- Add the Cacao in and mix again.
- Use a teaspoon to take a spoonful of the mixture and roll it into a ball and place on a tray. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Place the tray with the rolled balls into the freezer to set. If the balls are soft you can store them in the freezer or if they are a strong consistency you can store in an airtight container in the fridge.