Apple & Raspberry Crumble Bars
These crumble bars can be eaten as part of your breakfast, as a snack or even a dessert with icecream or greek yoghurt. The recipe has no added sugar and is allergen friendly so you can easily substitute your allergens for a safe alternative – whats not to love?
For the base
- 120g Oat
- 140g Plain Flour or Almond Flour
- 50 ml 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil malted or another oil
- 80ml 5 tablespoons Maple Syrup
For the Apple and Raspberry Layer
- 150g Apples (2x Apples)
- 150g Raspberries
- 4 tablespoons of Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon of Corn Starch
For the Top layer
- ¼ of your base layer mix
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon of rolled oats sprinkled on top
- 2 tablespoons of chopped almond/ any nuts/ seeds sprinkled on top
- Grease a square baking tin and preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Combine the base ingredients and pour ¾ of it into the prepared tin and press down firmly with the back of a spoon. Bake in the oven for approx. 15 minutes until it begins to turn brown around the edges. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a saucepan, combine the diced apples, raspberries, corn starch and cinnamon until well combined. Heat for approx. 6 minutes until the mixture thickens and stir frequently to avoid the mixture sticking to the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- When the base layer has cooled, pour the fruit filling on top of the base layer and spread evenly with a spoon.
- Pour the remaining base layer and chopped almonds/nuts on top of the fruit filling. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon and rolled oats. Press down gently with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for around 25-30 minutes. Be careful that the crumble around the edges doesn’t burn. When ready, remove from oven and allow to cool.